Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Crazy October!

October is an especially busy month for our family as we have our anniversary, Dillon and Sadie's birthdays, and the many Fall/Halloween activities.  On October 2nd, Dillon turned 6!  For his birthday breakfast, he wanted waffles.
 

We decided to surprise him at school and bring him balloons and treats for his Kindergarten class.  I hope he felt extra special.


He really wanted to go to a movie for his birthday this year, so we took the kids to, "Hotel Transylvania."  It was such a cute and funny movie!




For dinner, we took Dillon to Red Robin and he enjoyed the free ice cream and birthday song that the employees sang.

The following day, we had his party.  He wanted a Super Mario Bros. Party.  My mom and I made his cake.  Dillon loved it!



 
 



Dillon got many new toys including a few video games, legos, and Mario toys.


The kids loved their new Mario tatoos.



 
On October 5th, my mom, my sister, Mary, and the kids and I, walked in the "Race for the Cure," 5k.  The race was in support for breast cancer awareness.  My grandma died from breast cancer when she was 33 years old, so we wanted to do something special for her.  It was SO cold, but definitely worth it.  We hope to walk it again next year.
 




In mid October, my mom and I took the kids to Provo to meet my brother, Tim's, fiance, Rachel.  While we were there, we went to Thanksgiving Point's Annual Corn Belly's.  Corn Belly's is just a bunch of fun, fall activities and rides.  The kids had a blast!








Dillon and Braylon were able to shoot pumpkins out of a cannon.  That was definitely the highlight of the day for them.

 
A couple of days after we got back from Provo, I took the kids to the pumpkin patch.  I definitely had to dress the kids in their cute, Halloween attire. 
 






 
 



We then had to carve the pumpkins...



 
On October 29th, Sadie turned 3!  My baby is getting so big!  I definitely have mixed feelings about her turning 3, so I'm just trying to soak up every minute that I have with her.  When she woke up, she was excited to see a bundle of balloons for her.
 

She wanted a chocolate donut for her birthday breakfast.


Sadie (and I) chose to have a zebra print party.

 
Her cake turned out really cute.
 






 
For Halloween this year, we decided to keep our activities to a minimum as we had so many other events going on.  We went to Trick-or-Treat Street again and then attended my mom's ward's Trunk-or-Treat. 
 
Braylon was Captain America
 

Dillon was Mario.
 

 
Sadie was a Sunflower Blossom.
 





So far, November has been a little bit calmer for our family.  We are definitely looking forward to spending the holidays together in our house again.  This is such an exciting time of year!

No comments: